Have you had an accident at work?
If so, you may be entitled to claim for compensation. With any accident at work, it should have been recorded in the accident book. Write down carefully every detail of exactly what happened. This will help us with your claim once you contact us.
Keep hold of any relevant paperwork, including a copy of the accident report, the names, addresses and phone numbers of any witnesses and details of any expenses relating to your claim. For example, if you have to take leave from work because of your injuries and lose wages as a result, or if you have to pay for any prescription charges.
It is important to contact us to make your claim as early as possible. We may be able to help with your rehabilitation, such as physiotherapy, through the rehabilitation code. You may also be entitled to state benefits.
Useful information to bring to our first meeting:
- Date and time of the accident
- Details of where the accident happened – a sketch may be helpful
- Name and address of your employer
- Your National Insurance number, and also works number if you have one
- Any paperwork relating to the accident, e.g. entries in the accident book, photos of where the accident happened
- Details of any witnesses
- Any paperwork giving details of training, or previous similar accidents
- Details of the hospital or GP where you went for treatment
- If you lost earnings as a result of the accident, details of your usual earnings, and the earnings you received after the accident
- Make a note of any other expenses, e.g. taxi fares, prescriptions, over the counter medicines – keep any receipts
- Copies of any insurance policies – we can then check whether you have any policies from before the event that will pay for the legal costs in your claim