Have you been involved in a cycling accident

As a keen cyclist, Catherine Higgins, our Managing Director, understands the upset of being involved in a cycling accident, either through a collision with another vehicle or person or due to a defective road surface. If youve been injured in a cycling accident that wasnt your fault, you may be entitled to compensation.

The Police should be notified and also your insurer if you have one, and we can help you in recovering maximum compensation.

Make a note of the details of any other parties involved, and details of any vehicles and their insurers. Take photos of any vehicles/road defects involved. Keep a note of any expenses eg damaged clothing/equipment; loss of earnings; travel expenses; prescription charges. We can help you to have your bike checked and assessed to see if it can be repaired or if it has to be replaced. If you were unfortunate to be injured locally eg by a road defect, we can obtain photos to assist your claim.

It is important to contact us to make your claim as early as possible. We may be able to help with your rehabilitation such as physiotherapy through the rehabilitation code. You may also be entitled to state benefits.

Dont be put off making your claim if you do not know who is to blame for your accident, or you cannot identify who is responsible as we can carry out investigations on your behalf.


Making a cycling claim

Contact One Of Our Specialist Personal Injury Solicitors.



See below useful information to bring to our first meeting

The accident

  • Date and time of accident
  • Details of where the accident happened
  • Photographs of your bike, other vehicles, the defect
  • Go pro evidence if you have this
  • Details of any insurance
  • Details of any independent witnesses

For the third party vehicle that was responsible for your accident:

  • If the accident involves a third party vehicle
  • Name and address of the driver
  • The make and model of the vehicle together with the vehicle registration number
  • The name address and policy number of the insurer for the third party vehicle

Loss of earnings:

  • If you lose time from work as a result of your injuries, you should keep details of your earnings before your accident, and any payments you received whilst you were off work.
  • You may have travelling expenses to medical appointments, or for loved ones visiting you in hospital.
  • You may have damaged clothing or other possessions as a result of the accident. Keep full details and any receipts.

Very serious accidents:

  • We can help you claim compensation for accidents where a loved one has died. We work closely with our private client department to prepare the necessary documents (eg Grant of Probate) so that a claim can be pursued.
  • We can arrange attendance at inquests.
  • For serious injury claims, we can help to arrange rehabilitation.


Why instruct Catherine Higgins Law

Your claim will be dealt with by a qualified personal injury solicitor dedicated to your claim who is familiar with the local roads.

We need to know how long it will take you to recover from your injuries in order to value your claim, however we can normally secure an interim payment for you.

Free Callback

By providing your details, you are happy to allow contact about your query from a solicitor at Catherine Higgins Law Limited.